Tuesday 2 December 2014

Nomination @ Fashion Asia - Part 1

Time flies... suddenly I realized that I have been disappeared for more than a year...

To be honest, this is because I have gone through the darkest moments in my life. It's quite sad to disclose this to all of you, however, I know it's time to share it with you what I felt in my deep heart. Nevertheless, I am very grateful as I am still standing strong despite all the unhappiness and pains which I experienced for the last 12 months. Glad to have true friends with me when I was down, pulling me up, encouraging me with countless nights, just to make sure I am fine. Thanks.

Well, I am back with something great to share with you. The story began with this ...

Last October, one day, I got a call from Carven Ong telling me that he has nominated me to join a competition which was held in China. At first I didn't wish to join because I was not confident enough to participate any competition anymore. Carven encouraged and asked me to try my best and just take it as an experience. After the phone call, I only hesitated for few moments and decided to take the challenge. Once I received the participation form from the organizer, I just filled up my personal details and emailed back to them.

Few weeks passed, I have almost forgotten about this. One day morning, I was awakened by a phone call. This time was not from Carven, but the organizer. She congratulated me and told that I was successful to get into the finalists for Fashion Asian Top Fashion Upcoming Designer of the Year 2014. She further explained to me what I should prepare for the Award Presentation Ceremony. It was really a surprise to me until I thought I was in my dream when I finished the phone call. This award is really for the whole Asia who get nominated.

To be honest, I felt great to have joined this competition and grateful that I didn't turn down when Carven called me about this. My feeling was quite complicated as during the preparation period, I was quite worry and stressed. However, thank God, I managed to go through this and selected the best 5 gowns from my collection to be showcase during the award presentation ceremony in China. Despite all these complicated feelings, I told myself win or lose of this competition is not the only core concern, but it was like a class lesson for me to learn and explore something new from the other competitors and at the same time to get to know more new friends from different Asia countries like China, Japan, Singapore, etc.

One day before I left my country to fly to Chong Qing, China, I was still busy packing my stuff. I had no idea what should I pack for this competition. I even doubted that I was in a dream. There was no words for me to explain what my feeling was, maybe only one word, which is NERVOUS!



Together with other candidates from Malaysia, on 2 November 2014, I arrived Chong Qing airport, China at 8pm and we were being welcomed by organizer at the airport arrival hall. We were then headed to check in at the hotel prepared by the organizer. The first impression to me was they were good in customer service! Let me show you how cool was my room!




Here will be my warm bedroom for the next 5 nights... it was late at night when I checked in... what a tired day... gotta stop now, but will sure bring to you more interesting stories about the whole trip. My promise to you that I will spend more time to share my experience with you. Stay with me... 


To be continue....

Wish you enjoy reading my blog and also please don't be shy to  follow some of my social media, Love you guys~<3

Facebook: Jill by Gilbert
 Instagram: Gilbertng88 
Twitter: Jilllllbert