Friday 12 December 2014

Recognition @ Fashion Asia - Part 3


Finally it came to the final awesome day - The Award Presentation and Fashion Showcase Day! I woke up very early and had my wonderful breakfast before heading to the venue for rehearsal and to ensure everything was in good condition before the show started. Our schedule was quite packed that day as all preparation must be done and we needed to send all our showcase items to the venue by 4pm. By the time we finished the full rehearsal was almost 2pm already. All of us rushed back to our hotel room to dress up. I had a quick bath and dressed up myself in the best look I could. We then went back to the venue. I did my final check to ensure everything was well set up and ready in good condition, this included background music, gowns and models, etc. 

Suit, shirt, pant and bow tie from: Zara Man

How could I miss the selfie section with all the awesome people!




This year the ceremony was held at Belfry Square Nanbin Road, City Centre of Chongqing, China. The stage was well designed and organized, well done to the organizer team. The stage was built at the opened square. When the Master of Ceremony announced our arrivals, 5 of us from Malaysia were led by Sean Chia (the Person-In-Charged of Malaysian nominators), walking towards the stage through the long red carpet. There was a huge board for us to sign our names. I felt myself being treated like a Superstar! It was really a different experience for me. Cool~

I followed very closely for every announcement of the award presentation. Of cause I wish all 5 of us from Malaysia would bring home the respective awards. Our joyous moment came when we get to know Carol Lee won the Asia Top Fashion Anchor of The Year, I was really happy for her and proud of her. "Congratulations to you, Carol Lee", I whispered in my heart.








When came to my category, I need to move to the front row. From that moment onward, my body was like without soul and my mind was blank. Suddenly I heard my name was being announced. Believe me, it was really a surprise to me. I really won the award! In fact I didn't really clearly heard my name was being called, but only heard: "..... from Malaysia." It was me! I was the winner of Asia Top Fashion Upcoming Designer of the Year 2014. Thank God, all my effort was being rewarded and recognized with this award. It really meant a lot for me. 



Seriously, honestly... when I stood up and walked to the stage, I still doubted whether I was in real life or I was in my sweet dream! Please forgive me that I couldn't give a good speech that time as my mind was blank. I could only thank a few people who came across my mind and I missed out many of others. It was really happened in a sudden and was a big surprise to me because in my heart I thought nominator from China was also doing well and she was most likely to win that award.


While I was having a media interview after I walked down from the stage, I heard Alvin Tay also won the prize too. What a big good news to us, 3 Malaysians brought the awards back to Malaysia!!! We were proud of ourselves being Malaysians!



I have to stop here as it is being very lengthy, I shall come back with more sharing appreciation notes which I owe to many of them. Stay tune with me... <3



Wish you enjoy reading my blog and also please follow some of my social media, Love you guys~<3

Facebook: Jill by Gilbert
 Instagram: Gilbertng88 
Twitter: Jilllllbert

.The End.