Sunday 7 December 2014

New Acquaintance @ Fashion Asia - Part 2

On the first day, we were invited to attend the opening ceremony for this competition. You could also find Carol Lee, Wilson Tan, Amber Chia and Alvin Tay in the photo presented below. Of course, they were also the finalists of this competition under different categories. Asia Top Fashion Anchor of The Year - Carol Lee, Asia Top Fashion Model of the Year (Male Category) - Wilson Tan, Asia Top Fashion Model of The Year (Female Category) - Amber Chia, Asia Fashion Designer of The Year (Haute Couture) - Alvin Tay & me for Asia Fashion Up Coming Designer of The Year.


On the second day, we woke up very early just to get ourselves dressed up for the press conference. It was to my surprise that everyone of us would have to be at stage for a short self-introduction. When I get to know about it, my mind went BLANK! OMG, it's so stressful when you know you need talk on stage about yourself in front of so many media representatives and other nominators. Well, again, I was proud of myself, I did it, well enough... with a short yet straight forward self-introduction... ==lll




Selfie time with Alvin, Amber, Wilson and Carol~
Just ignore my stupid face, lol  
How the serious faces when we were having the Data in China~

Some one is missing in this picture! It's Amber, that time she went for a shop to buy something for her best friend!!!
Our joyous moments came after dinner during our free time, we decided to hang out walking around the city.  Forgot to mention, making new acquaintance was one of the most meaningful gain I get from this competition trip. The city was full of night happenings. After having fun walking and eating local food, we finally stopped at a pub enjoying drinks and chatting among us. It's kind of relax and enjoyment ~ I love it so much <3

Entering the third day, this was the most stressful day for the whole trip to me as we were having our " FITTING DAY". Model fitting is the most "adventurous" for me, this is because we had to depend on our luck in choosing models - LUCKY DRAW. This means that I didn't even know how my models look like before I came for this competition. Well, whatever, God would always guide the right way for us ~ I am not going to post any photos of the fitting process, because they are not well taken. Don't worry, stay with me till the end, I shall show you some photos of the fashion show case. You would be able to see the models and my gowns.

After model fitting section we needed to rush back to hotel to dress up again for attending jewelry show later. This show was so grand to me, besides showing the jewelry, there was a cocktail awaiting us. They served wine, coffee and some finger food to warm up our stomach as the weather in Chongqing that time was very cold. 

Jacket from: Zara Man
Shirt from: TopShop
Pant from: Topshop
Shoe from: Bonia

Let me introduce to you this special new friend of mine. Though we just met and know each other in this trip, I love her "craziness", Michelle Hee. She is a such nice friend and we kept talking nonsense and made jokes and laughs. Of course, she kept sharing with me how her working life in Singapore. She works as a stylist and needs to guide a huge team to work together with her. Such a powerful and capable girl, give her a big LIKE!!! I don't mind to tell you guys a secret about us, we called ourselves as Ah Beng and Ah Lian, lol... because we don't like to show fake face/smile or be glamorous in front of people. We would just like to be the real us at all times.



After the jewelry show, there was a short video interview! Again, I had to answer questions the reporter asked in front of the video camera. Luckily it was just a short one. 

Tomorrow would be the award presentation day. I would have more interesting experience to share. Stay with me... will be back very soon.



To be continued....

Wish you enjoy reading my blog and also please don't be shy to  follow some of my social media, Love you guys~<3

Facebook: Jill by Gilbert
 Instagram: Gilbertng88 
Twitter: Jilllllbert