Saturday 23 June 2012

Why Fashion Design?

Fashion design? Graphic design? Fine art... bla bla bla ?!?!?!
I love everything about ART! Don't ask me why, because I can't answer this question as well. When I'm still a little boy, I started to asked my pretty mom to buy me colour pencils, drawing books or colouring books (last time, the colouring book was just around 50cents, not bloody expensive like now!), and I will keep on painting, drawing everything I can imagine or sketch out things I saw in the newspaper. I still remember what I like to draw that time ( please don't laugh when you saw this picture!).

Yeah ~  is 'Fido'!!! lol, lame right? I don't know why I fell in love drawing this?! Maybe it's because 'Fido' is easy for me to draw that time. Besides that, I will draw a birthday card to my handsome daddy and my pretty mom for their birthday. My daddy still keep it until now! I couldn't believe my daddy about keeping my drawn birthday card for him until one day he showed it to me and told me how happy he was when he received the card (because the card is in Limited Edition! lol). I will take snap shot of the card and post it into my blog (soon).

When my parents decided send me to study at Yuk Choy, Ipoh, I had made adeal with them about what course I wanted to enter after I completed my 3rd year in Junior Level (which in Yuk Choy they have 4 different courses to choose from which is 'Accounting', 'Sciences', 'Arts' & 'Automobiles') and my parents didn't opposed to my decisions.

3rd year of junior level, that year, I found out that my elder sister is going to get married and she is going to visit Carven Ong ( A famous fashion designer in town and also my principal in my fashion academy which i took up fashion courses) for her wedding gown & evening gown designs. So, I asked my sister to bring me along because I don't wish to miss the chance to visit a fashion designer's workshop.

When I first step into Carven Ong's workshop, I was so embarrass (or should I say inspired at that moment or breath-taking at that moment). Gowns, sketches, paper drafts, mannequins are all around me, and it is like I'm walking into a paradise that I've wanted! Carven Ong is a nice and humble designer, and you won't feel any arrogance when you talk to him. He is very patience in explanning to my sister what kind of designs which will  show out the prefect body shape and discussions about gown designs. Carven Ong is just like a magician, because every gowns which fit into my sister's body, it turned her into a model or a celebrity (I swear, I didn't hyperbole about my principal ). 

This is Carven Ong's design and his picture!





After all the fitting and discussion is done, on the way back to hotel, I told my sister that I am going to be a famous designer like him! So my sister said this to me,
 " Good, then you gonna work hard & study hard and became like Carven Ong!"

Then, he became my inspiration to be a fashion designer (until today also! never change,because most Chinese people usually says this "Even if someone is your teacher for only a day, you should regard him like your father for the rest of your life. " ). I started researching in some fashion news and read fashion magazines. And after a few years, he really became my principal!

This is why I wanna be fashion designer, how about you?

The End