Thursday 28 June 2012

Picasso

Don't tell me you don't know who is Picasso. If you don't even know who is Picasso, please go check out in www.google.com!

Nowadays, a lot of things around us are inspired by Picasso's work. Like daily necessities, 3D animation, advertising .... and of course "Fashion" too (haha, because I wanna talk about my fashion work which is inspired by Picasso too!)
Daily necessities
Makeup

Fashion Accessories

 
Building/House design


Iphone Casing
If you know anything about Picasso, I'm sure you will know about Cubism. It is a style of painting Picasso developed along with Georges Braque (one of the great artist too) using monochrome brownish and neutral colors. I like Cubism style so much, because of the colours and how the paint expresses me. This is one of the reason that make Picasso kept venturing on in Cubism. Here are some of the Cubism's painting by Picasso.

Tete D'une Femme Lisant
 by Pablo Picasso
Weeping Woman
by Pablo Picasso (1937) 
Tete de femme (Dora Maar) by Pablo Picasso
Seated Women by Pablo Picasso


I don't know what you fell after you see some of Picasso's paintings, but it really inspired me to creat out my designs. In 2010, I had join a fashion competition which is held in Kuala Lumpur, Pavilion called "Moda Young Designer Search and it became my inspiration to do this and that helped me to get into the final round of the competition. (sorry for not being able to show my sketches can't show my sketch, because I had lost them somewhere in my house >< )

I decided that my collection would be an illustration based on Picasso's Cubism paintings. I have also infused pleats to enhance details on my outfits and also made sure that they are versatile & wearable. I'm also using different colour fabrication  and materials to combine into one piece of garment. I remember one of my judge is Zang Toi, and I was so nervous when I needed to present my designs in front of them, especially him, but, luckily, Zang Toi quite like my designs, happy, yesh I AM !! ^^ lol !!!

Here is my designs~



How is it you might want to know? Hahaha, when I know I won 1st runner up, I had no idea the MC is calling my name and I froze in my feet for a few minutes (maybe because I was too happy couldn't believe it). After the competition, lots of writer were looking for me to have interviews for my work and ask questions about my inspiration, my age, my college bla bla bla, like a superstar, hahaha (well,just for that day only!)


After winning 1st runner up for the competition, we need to created some ready wear pieces to sell in Pavillion's 'Tangs', Kuala Lumpur. My designs also got chosen to be displayed in the shop.  In the process, I learn how hard it is to create a ready to wear pieces under budget, but luckily, everything when smoothly.


Ready Wear in Pavilion Tangs





Design's display in Pavilion Tangs
After this, I got my garments to do some photo-shooting as well. Just wish to keep it as memories, lol.





Ya, the first picture is my blog's background picture! Hahaha, and my model is Rennee Chong, which I had blog about "Rennee in Wonderland" post. I wish you like it ^^v

The End