Friday 22 June 2012

Rennee In Wonderland

I think everyone had read or watched " Alice in the Wonderland". So this is mainly a little bit of inspiration inspired from the story which will be used to inspire my photographer's team. You can check out their works at "Frame Works Production ". Actually, they are a team of freelancers and is new towards photographer positions. They always have a great theme for their works, and this is why I like to work with them, lol.

Okay, its now time for me to introduce my design!

My first design and my first fashion show is at The Garden Mall! I'm so excited during that moment (who doesn't feel happy and excited if you are a fashion student,right?!)  So, what we needed to do is to sketch out the design and also know where your inspirations came from. So, I decide to use my talent(oil painting), and one of my favorite artist of mine to be my inspiration.

Artist : Vincent van Gogh, 1889. "The Starry Night"

When Vincent van Gogh painted "The Starry Night", he had wrote about this painting.
 "... it does me good to do what’s difficult. That doesn’t stop me having a tremendous need for, shall I say the word — for religion — so I go outside at night to paint the stars "

How do I know so much about this? I should thank my school, Yuk Choy, as I took up art lessons. My talents and knowledge are all learned from there and I took up courses in arts history. That is the reason why I know so much about Vincent van Gogh and his history and mainly mostly other artist and their histories.  



This is the design! I know is not pretty as Vincent van Gogh's , lol, but I used only 3 weeks to finish the whole painting. I enjoyed painting on my dress as I felt like an artist doing it. After completing it, I'm was very happy that my lecturer had choosen my design to be the opening for the show! 2 or 3 different magazine had alos posted about my design, too. ^^v (opps, forget to talk about the heel,  which is one of my design, now done at that time!)

Below, are those not inspired from "The Starry Night" inspiration, but also part of my designs. lol

White chiffon gown:



 Purple chiffon gown. 




Isn't the shooting location great? It's my hometown, Taiping Lake Garden. This shooting was done in 2011, Chinese New Year. Ya, I know it was like a year ago but at that time, I haven't started this blog about my works and projects. ^^

Now, let me introduce my team members. All of my members are from the same hometown as me, and we arrange this shooting in Taiping because we needed to be back for Chinese New Year celebration, hahaha!

Here they are! Feel free to check out my friends.
Makeup Artist: Cynthia Chuah
Hair Stylis: Karma Beh
Model: Rennee Chong (So, now you know why the title is " Rennee in Wonderland")
Photographer Team Member: Summer Bear , Den Ng & Dee King


The End