Wednesday 3 October 2012

Leather Key Case

I always like to learn new things, i have no idea why. Maybe it's because I can't stay long with one thing, I like to do something new and fresh, lol. I have been learning how to make a key chain purse few days ago, and I like it so much, although it is not an LV, Gucci or Prada, it's just a thing that I like to do for myself, so I love it more then the other purse that I buy for myself!

Lets me explain to you what I had learn from the course. 

Tools 
This is all the tools needed to start my Leather Key Case. Like leather colouring agent, punch tools, brushes, white glue and hammer....


Leather
For the leather you can choose whatever you like including colour as well. There are tons of leather to choose from like snake, pig, cow, goat, etc...  After drafting out the key case pattern, you need to cut out all the parts that you have drafted.

Press stud button
Stud button to lock the key ring.


Key Ring

Stud button, Press stud button and Key ring you can be bought in a leather accessories shop or maybe in some DIY shop. You can choose what kind of colour or design you like which can match with your leather of choice.

All the tools are ready, then its time for me to start the work!








First I will punch a hole for the opening and punch in my Press stud button.

When you finish punching the hole and button into the leather, then you can ready a brush to apply the glue into the face that you are going stick it together. After the first layer of the glue is half dry, then apply the second layer of glue.
Apply the white glue on both side.
Make sure all the sides are covered in glue or else it will not stick properly.


Once you are done sticking them together, you need to use a hammer to hammer all the places that you had stick. This is the most safest way to let both side stick together firmly.

Then, take your hammer and your hole punching tools to punch all the hole to ready it for sewing.

Using Punch Hole Tool to punch all the hole.
Sewing processing by hand.
Sewing Time. This is the part where time is wasted the most but I do enjoy doing this.

Ta Dah !!
Done Sew!!!
This is my sewing!!! Nice right? Hihi...

When your done with the sewing part, is time to punch in the key ring into the case. If not, it will not be a key case. LOL !!!



Finishing this step, means your DONE!!


Da Da Dang !!!
I'm happy when I completed this, try to learn this when you free. I will try to learn how to make a leather bag next...

The End